Merivale Sports Predictions (Promotion) – Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter, the mechanics of participation in the Promotion and the prizes, form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. The promoter of the Promotion is Hemmes Trading Pty Ltd ABN 29 105 332 652 trading as Merivale of 320 George Street, Sydney, 2000 (Promoter).
2. Participation in the Promotion is only open to persons who are aged 18 years and over (each a Participant). Each of the directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies who are directly associated with the development and conduct of this Promotion are ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To participate in the Promotion, Participants are required to purchase a “Hahn Super Dry” product on tap from the Newport (the Venue) within the dates of operation of the Promotion.
4. This Promotion is a game of chance and no skill is required. Per entry, Participants receive one randomly selected pre-printed prediction of which teams will be the two grand final teams playing in either of the NRL or AFL 2018 premiership grand finals.
5. 200 prizes, each being one 1140ml jug of Hahn Super Dry (Prize), are available to be won by eligible Participants.
6. The Promotion is not available with any other Promoter or Venue discount or promotional offer.
HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION
7. The Promotion will operate for the period 6:00am (AEST) Friday, 7 September 2018 and finishes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Thursday, 20 September 2018 inclusive (the Entry Period) and will operate exclusively at the Venue. Participants in the Promotion must do so in person at the Venue during the Venue’s opening hours during the Entry Period.
8. To enter, Participants will be required to purchase a Hahn Super Dry on tap at the Venue during the Entry Period. Upon purchase, Participants will receive a prediction card (Super Prediction Card) which will provide a pre-printed prediction of the two grand final teams playing in either the Australian Football League (AFL) 2018 national premiership competition or the National Rugby League 2018 (NRL) national premiership competition. Of all Super Prediction Cards issued, only 100 winning Super Prediction Cards for each of the AFL and NRL competitions (therefore 200 in total) will be produced and distributed to eligible Participants.
9. There will be one hundred (200) winners in total from amongst all Participants.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion at any time, to verify the validity of any Super Prediction Card that a Participant may produce and any details regarding a Participant (including a Participant’s identity and age) and to disqualify any Participant who produces a counterfeit or invalid Super Prediction card that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the Promotion process in any way. Failure or delay by or on behalf of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver or release of any of those rights.
11. Participants holding a Super Prediction Card showing the confirmed two grand final playing teams in either the AFL or NRL 2018 grand final games (Winner/s) must produce their Super Prediction Card at the Venue in order to claim their Prize.
12. One prize per Winner.
13. The period in which Winners may claim their prize is only during the Venue opening times from opening of trade on Monday, 24 September 2018 until close of business Sunday, 30 September 2018 (Redemption Period).
14. The Prize must be consumed in the Venue and cannot be removed from the Venue.
15. If the Prize is not available at the time of Prize redemption, then a replacement beer of equal or higher value to the Prize will be offered to the winning Participant.
16. No part of the Prize is redeemable for cash nor does it hold any cash value.
17. Winners will be solely responsible for claiming their Prize. Without limiting the Promoter’s other rights in these Conditions of Entry, if the winning Participant does not show their winning Super Prediction Card and proof of identification (if required) to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction (or to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter’s representative) when claiming their Prize, the Promoter (or their representative) has the right, at their absolute discretion, to refuse to allow the Participant to receive their Prize.
18. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied (except by the Promoter in accordance with clause 15).
19. The Promoter will not be responsible to cover any other costs related to claiming the Prize at the event. e.g. travel costs to the venue, etc.
20. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the Prize as directed by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will not award an alternative Prize (including a voucher) if the winning Participant is unable to collect the Prize.
21. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with entering the Promotion by a Participant, is and will be that Participant’s responsibility.
23. The Promoter (including each of their officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury (including liability in negligence) or any loss of opportunity whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of a Participant’s participation in the Promotion except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
24. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under any similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia.
25. Each Participant, by and upon participating in the Promotion, acknowledges that:
(a) this Promotion is subject to the laws of the State of New South Wales to the exclusion of any other law; and
(b) any dispute arising under these Conditions of Entry or otherwise in respect of this Promotion, will be submitted to and determined by to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
26. The Promoter encourages consumers to consume alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the ‘low risk drinking’ guidelines recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines which states: for healthy men and women, drinking no more than two (2) standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime. Drinking no more than four (4) standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising from that occasion. A full version of the guidelines is available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au.