Nothing says celebration more than the sound of a champagne bottle popping. And with the countdown to holidays on, our minds are turning to what delights we’ll be serving up this season. This champagne and elderflower jelly is perfect for a summery sweet.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 40g gelatine leaves
– 350g sugar
– 500g water (1)
– 200g elderflower cordial
– 200g sweet wine
– 300g champagne
– 500g water (2)
– Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and violets (or seasonal fruits and edible flowers of your choice)
– Raspberry sorbet
– Jelly moulds
WHAT YOU DO:
- Soak the gelatine in iced water.
- Combine sugar and water (1) in a pan, dissolve and bring to the boil.
- Add the gelatine and stir to dissolve.
- Strain the syrup into a bowl and add the cordial, wine and champagne and place over an ice bath.
- Allow the jelly mixture to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent it setting at the bottom.
- Meanwhile, prepare the moulds with berries and flowers and when jelly mixture has cooled, half-fill the moulds and allow to set.
- When the jelly has set, top up with remaining jelly mixture and set for at least 6 hours before serving.
- To serve, dip the moulds, one at a time, into warm water to loosen, then carefully pull the jelly away from the edge of the mould.
- Turn onto a serving plate.
- Serve with more berries and raspberry sorbet.