Health & Safety Specialist
Merivale, owned by the Hemmes family, has been established in Australia for over 60 years. The Hemmes family are developing and operating pioneers within the hospitality industry – operating a growing portfolio of more than 70 vibrant restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels and event spaces across Sydney. Merivale is built on our people and proudly employs over 3,000 of the industry’s most exceptional talent.
The Health & Safety Specialist will be responsible for the improvement of existing safety procedures and play a key role in the implementation of an Environmental and Quality management system. The role will be accountable for maintaining practical policies, procedures, process improvement and delivering a training program that achieves Group-wide health and safety objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Food & Beverage Officer, some of your responsibilities include:
- Review and improve existing Food Safety Management procedures and deliver business-wide training requirements;
- Ensure the Food Safety Program is aligned to applicable industry standards;
- Proactively drive a positive culture around food safety, integrity and quality;
Work, Health and Safety
- Drive continuous improvement and maintain existing WHS policies and procedures;
- Ensure group-wide compliance with WHS policies;
- Promote initiatives around safety and injury prevention through business education and change management;
- Investigate Employee and Guest Incidents and audit the effectiveness of corrective actions;
- Partner with the People Experience Team to continually deliver best practice Return to Work programs;
Environmental and Quality
- Partner with project stakeholders to design and deliver an Environmental, Quality and Safety online solution;
- Assist in the development and delivery of a EQS document management system.
To be successful, you should have:
- Five years + experience in a Health & Safety position within a retail, high-density crowd or food-focused environment;
- A qualification in safety, quality, risk or in a science discipline and a Cert IV in Training & Assessment (preferred);
- Exposure to Injury Management and Return to Work programs;
- A strong, outgoing personality and attitude, with a proven ability to positively influence change through effective stakeholder management;
- Experience delivering training and working collaboratively with project teams, subject matter experts and stakeholders, to build a culture of quality, continuous improvement and compliance;
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and present briefings and management reports.
In return, you will be provided with fantastic career development opportunities, strong support and incredibly generous discounts and benefits as well as a competitive salary package.