Cellar Operations Manager l The Newport
Set on the stunning shores of Pittwater, The Newport is a vibrant gathering place for all ages. Nestled amongst idyllic gardens, and incorporating various outdoor dining spaces and bars, the sprawling grounds include areas perfect for whiling the day and night away.
We are now on the hunt for an experienced CellarOperations Managerwho has held key management roles in a medium to large sized venue now looking to take their career to the next level in an iconic, high-energy, high profile and complex venue. Our Cellar Operations Managerwill have the opportunity to manage all facets of the cellar, as well as learn all aspects of a busy multi-faceted venue.
A day in the life of our new Cellar Operations Managerwould include;
- Stock Control Management– including ordering & receiving, quality and wastage control, weekly spot checks, monthly stock takes and comprehensive Inventory Management & Reporting through Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems
- Beverage COGS– including investigation, reporting and strategy for variances
- Deliveries and Good & Services– including receipting, rigorous Food Safety checks, WHS compliance within loading/dock zones and register of all inbound & outbound contractors
- Merivale standards– including the adherence to the high level of Merivale cellar and procedural standards
- Council Hygiene standards– including the management of all waste areas
- Beverage service systems/equipment– including the ongoing cleaning and maintenance
- Wage and Rostering Management– including weekly wage forecasting and the timely execution of rostering and timesheet approvals within the allocated wage budget
- Stakeholder Management– including the upkeep of robust relationships with key Head office teams such a Supply Chain and Procurement
- Team management– including the leading of a high performing cellar team
You will have at least 2 – 4 years of proven experience in a similar role, and are a true hospitality professional who thrives leading and mentoring teams.
Originally a fashion house, Merivale, owned by the Hemmes family, has been established in Australia for 60 years. The Hemmes family are developing and operating pioneers within the hospitality industry – owning a growing portfolio of more than 70 vibrant restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels and event spaces across Sydney. Merivale is built on our people and proudly employs over 3,000 of the industry’s most exceptional talent.
Plenty of work, Great Pay, ridiculous staff discount, on-the-job training, career opportunities when you realise you don’t ever want to leave.
Stop thinking and start applying!
(Only applicants’ that have the right to work in Australia will be contacted).